Loudoun County Limbo

Loudoun County Limbo
How Low Can You Go?

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Weekly Round-Up - January 4-10, 2012



I've decided to track my spending via this blog, so as to have a record of my coupon endeavors.
Here are the results for this week:

Purchases

Food
- Smart Balance milk, 1/2 gallon (8 cartons)
- Starkist tuna (6 pouches)
- Bumblebee tuna (4 cans)
- Honey Bunches of Oats cereal (6 boxes )
- Margaret Holmes spinach (3 cans)
- Mariani Banana chips (3 bags)
- Campbells MW tomato soup (4 cans)
- Progresso "Rich & Hearty" soup (4 cans)
- Muir Glen tomato paste (2 cans)
- Pringles Stix (1 box)
- Hershey's Air Delight chocolate bars (4)
- Twix bar (1)
- Skinny Cow candy  (2 boxes)
- Goldfish bread (1)
- Barilla Whole Grain pasta (2 boxes)
- Fresh Express Salad (1 bag)
- Lean Cuisine frozen dinner (1)
- Dr. Pepper, 2-liter bottles (4)
- Pom Wonderful pomegranate juice (2)
- Celestial Seasonings tea (1 box)

Health and Beauty
- Nivea lip balms (6)
- Head & Shoulders shampoo (5)
- Fruitopia hairspray (3)
- Colgate Advanted Total toothpaste (2)
- Essence of Beauty hand lotion (2)
- Oral-B floss (2)
- Tampax pearl tampons (1)
- Thermacare Heatwrap (1)
- K-Y jelly (1)
- Swankies (5) - these were pocket tissues tht were clearanced at CVS for .25 each

Other:
- 3 FREE Medium Hot Chocolates at Dunkin Donuts
- 3 Insulated lunch bags

Refunds:
- Barilla pasta  - get a coupon for a free 1 lb. box of pasta
Progresso Soup - get back $2.89


Expenditures
CVS - .50
Rite Aid - $1.04
Bloom - $1.06
Harris Teeter (1st trip) - $1.52
Harris Teeter (2nd trip) - .34
Harris Teeter (3rd trip) - $4.18
Harris Teeter (4th trip) - $3.32
Total: 11.80


Wow! This has been a great week for me. Even though my printer broke and I couldn't print coupons to take advantage of some of the deals I posted (like the cheap Cheerios at Safeway), I still stayed WAY under my $50 budget for the week!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I can't believe you! Hey, what do you do for fresh fruits and veggies?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom came to visit over the holidays and left behind some fruits and veggies.

    Also, I recently did a "No Beer Purchase Required" rebate from Shock Top to get back $6 when you spend $10 on produce. I did it twice, and had the second check sent to my mom's address.

    However, it is really hard to get free produce, so I was super excited about my free lettuce this week. We eat a lot of dried fruit and frozen/canned veggies.

    ReplyDelete