Loudoun County Limbo

Loudoun County Limbo
How Low Can You Go?

Monday, January 30, 2012

My Super Bloom Shopping Trips!

Here is a photo of my son, Jake, with the deals that he helped me to "hunt down" on Saturday morning:

On our visit to the Bloom in Purcellville, VA for Super Doubles we spent $5.33 on noodle soup cups, a pack of hot dogs, a box of elbow noodles, a bag of sugar, 3 homemade bread kits, and a Hormel party tray from the deli. I'll be getting an $8.00 rebate on the party tray.

Next we visited the Bloom in Leesburg that is closing where we picked up ten 5-lb bags of sugar, two frozen pie crusts, a canister of dried mustard, and two big tubs of ice cream. The sugar was only $1.50 per bag, so I stocked up. Our total there came to $24.62.

Finally, we visited the other Bloom in Leesburg for a few more noodle cups, 2 lbs of bananas, and a roll of paper towels. My total receipt there came to 35 cents!

As Jake was loading the noodle cups into the cart for me, I asked how many were left on the shelf. He replied that he wanted to leave some for other shoppers, since clearing the shelf would be like "camping" in a video game. When I asked what he meant by that, he replied that it meant hiding in a corner with a gun and waiting for someone to walk into the room to shoot them. It isn't illegal, but it is sort of unethical and takes the fun out of the game.

Bloom will be holding ANOTHER Super Doubles event this Saturday, February 4, 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment