Loudoun County Limbo

Loudoun County Limbo
How Low Can You Go?

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Weekly Roundup #10 - March 6-12

This week I focused on the Frozen Food deal at Giant and picked up a lot of freebies at Rite Aid with my 20% Wellness Discount. I haven't posted these deals, because I don't think they apply to most readers, but if you would like me to do so, just leave a comment and I will.

You need 500 Wellness points for a Silver Level (10%) discount and 1000 Wellness points for a Gold Level (20%) discount at Rite Aid. I currently have 469 points, which means I am well on my way to a Gold Discount in 2013. If you want to know your standing, check the bottom of your next Rite Aid receipt to see your Wellness Points total.


                                                                   
Purchases              
                                                                                    
Food
- Aquafina water (1)                - Minute maid lemonade (1)
- Gallon milk (1)                       - Fruit Gushers (4)                                                       
- Gatorade, 32 oz. (4)             - Dozen eggs (1)    
- Wonder Bread (2)                  - Fruit Roll-ups (2)       
- Iceberg lettuce (1)                  - Baby peeled carrots (1)
- Tomatoes on the vine              - Mission Tortillas (2)
 - Vegetable Tray with dip (1)    - Goobers theater box (4)                                               
- Mann's Slaw mix (2)                 - Corned Beef, 4 lbs (1)
- Furmano diced tomatos (4)      - Furmano tomato sauce (2)
- Farm Rich appetizers (6)         - Croutons (1)      
- Breyer's Ice Cream (2)             - Ellio's Pizza (2)
- Mama Rosie's Ravioli (2)         - Totino's Pizza Rolls (2)
- Ore Ida Easy Fries (4)              - Betty Crocker fruit shapes (2)          
- Assorted Jellybeans (1)            - Coke product 12-packs (14) 
- Raisenets theater box (4)         - Cadbury chocolate egg (5)  
- Keebler Fudge Stripe cookies (2)
- Birds Eye Steamfresh varieties (2)
               
Health and Beauty
- Colgate toothpaste (1)          -  G.U.M. Periobalance (1)
- Revlon nail polish (10)          - Sally Hanson nail file (4)
- Soft Lips lip balm (2)            - Prestige mascara (1)
- Prestige lip liner (1)               - Pure Spring lotion (1)
- Aquanet hairspray (1)           - Zyrtec, 5 ct. (1)
- Rite Aid brand cotton swabs (1)
- Pediacare Cough & Cold (1)

Miscellaneous 
- Rite Aid brand sandwich bags (2) 
- Playtex Sippy Cup (1)
- Playtex pacifier (5)
- Kushy Foot casual socks (3)


 

Expenditures     
Rite Aid - $5.83
CVS - $3.95
Walgreens - 66 cents
Giant - $53.55
Total: $63.99

This week I went over my $50.00 budget.  I sent my husband and son to Giant to pick up a head of lettuce and some tomatoes for a salad. They came back with a head of lettuce, tomatoes on the vine, a bag of baby carrots, a box of croutons, two packages of tortillas and a $10 vegetable tray from the deli!

I nearly fainted when I saw the tortillas, since I already have a year supply. My son told me that he only got them because he saw a sign in the produce department stating that the tomatoes on the vine were free with the tortilla purchase. I scrutinized the receipt, but couldn't see any discount, so I called the store. It turns out that the offer was advertised last week and someone forgot to take the sign down, so customer service told me they would give me a refund for the tomatoes. The next time I went to Giant I got $2.48 back! 

No comments:

Post a Comment