Loudoun County Limbo

Loudoun County Limbo
How Low Can You Go?

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Weekly Roundup #8 and #9

I am combining two weeks of purchases into my weekly roundup this time, since I was gone for a week of vacation in the middle (during which I did no grocery shopping!) So, these are my stats for the period between February 23rd and March 5th:

Purchases                            Food
- Half Gallon milk (3)
- Gallon milk (1)
- Honey Wheat bread (2)
- Cucumber (1)
- Onion (1)
- Lettuce (1)
- Celery (1)
- Grape tomatoes (1)
- Chi Chis Tortillas (7)
- Old El Paso Refried Beans (6)
- Mentos UP2U Gum (3)
- Ore Ida Easy Fries (12)
- Wasa Crispbread (2)
- Think Thin power bar (2)
- General Mills Reeses Puff cereal (1)
- New York Garlic Toast (3)       
 - Blue Bunny Ice Cream (1)
 - I Cant Believe Its Not Butter (2)                         
- Smithfield Bacon (1)                            - Coca-Cola 12-Packs (9)
- Kraft Grated Cheese (3)                      - Harris Teeter Shredded Cheese (1)
- Sorrento Mozzarella Cheese (1)          - Snickers candy eggs (4)         

Household 
- Ricola Cough Drops (1)
- Whista Lickins Cat Treats (2)
- Gud Handwash (1)
- Skintimate shaving lotion (1)
- Vaseline lotion (2)
- Colgate Total toothpaste (5)
- Tena Serenity Pads (1)
- Soft Lips lip balm (2)
- Seabreeze astringent (1)
- Sally Hansen Tweezers (1)
- Playtex pacifier (1)
- Copy Paper (1)
- LCD Snooze Alarm (1)

Refunds   
- Betty Crocker Try Me Free offer
- Kelloggs Cereal Rebate for $10 prepaid debit card
                                             
Expenditures     
Rite Aid - $1.50
CVS - .69
Giant - $19.54
Harris Teeter - $15.85

Total: $37.58

Total for February = $151.16

This month I averaged $38 per week! I received a prepaid gift card in the mail for Rite Aid from a previous refund that absorbed most of the tax on my purchases there in February. I used some of my coupons for free 12-packs of Coke at Rite Aid to take advantage of their promotion to earn $1.50 in UP rewards when you buy 3, so that was a money maker. I also stocked up on free milk at Harris Teeter Super Doubles and splurged on some fresh produce. I am now slowly building a stockpile of candy for upcoming Easter baskets!

No comments:

Post a Comment