Loudoun County Limbo

Loudoun County Limbo
How Low Can You Go?

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Weekly Roundup #22 - May 29 to June 5


I took advantage of the Dairy Deal at Giant this week and continued to buy Oscar Mayer lunchmeat for the Catalina coupons, while finishing off some rebates. I also got a $10.00 credit to my Visa card from the Exxon Speedpass program and accumulated over 3200 Giant Gas Points!

One evening at Giant I noticed a sign on the Nabisco Go Packs that said "Buy 8 and get 800 Bonus Gas Points". I grabbed the customer service guy walking by and pointed out the mistake. He told me that the store would honor whatever the sign said, so I threw 8 of the snacks into my cart! Of course, only 200 gas points printed out, but I went to Customer Service and they added another 600 to my account.

Purchases
Groceries
Smart Balance Milk (1/2 Gallon) - 3
White Sandwich Bread - 1
Giant Supreme Frozen Pizza - 2
Oscar Mayer Lunchmeat - 10
Breakstone Cottage Cheese Doubles - 8
Jell-O Refrigerated Pudding Snacks - 1
Trix Yogurt (4 pack) - 4
Cabot Greek Yogurt - 2
Cool Whip - 2
Kelloggs Crunchy Nut Cereal - 1
Kashi GoLean Cereal - 2
Kraft BBQ Sauce - 4
CountryTime Lemonade Mix - 2
Clearchoice Flavored Water - 1
Gerber Apple Juice - 2
Goldfish Snacks - 2
Luna Protein Bars - 2
Good N Natural Bars - 3
Milky Way Candy Bars - 13
Chocolate Covered Cherry - 1
Nabisco Nutter Butter Go Packs - 8

Household
Nature Made Vitamin D - 3
Nature Made Vitamin C - 3
Nature Made Fish Oil - 1
Nature Made Vitamin B12 - 1
Nexcare Bandages - 9
Wicker Chair (#2) - 1
Tampax Radiant Tampons - 1
Ladies Camisole - 2


Health & Beauty
Schick Hydro Silk Razor - 4
Olay Regenerist Pore Scrub - 1
Biore Pore Strips - 4
Biore Cleanser - 4
L'Oreal Revitalift Towlettes - 2
Head & Shoulders Shampoo - 3
Crest with Scope Toothpaste - 1
Wet N Wild Nail Polish - 1
Schick Disposable Razors (12 pack) - 6
Schick Hydro Shave Gel - 2

Rebates
Gnarly Head Wine - Save $3.00 on Take and Bake Pizza
Rite Aid  SCR #2 - $5.00

Expenses
Giant - $29.47
CVS - $19.18
Rite Aid - 22.53
Total - $71.18

I went over budget again this week by $21.18 However, in addition to my groceries and household effects, I also picked up 2 camisole tops for my daughters and another wicker chair. And between the Schick Razors I bought this week at CVS and specially marked boxes of cereal that I both bought and found at the recycling bin, I now have enough Spiderman Codes for 5 free movie tickets. This is a $60.00 expense for our family, so I still feel like I am ahead of the game!

No comments:

Post a Comment