Loudoun County Limbo

Loudoun County Limbo
How Low Can You Go?

Friday, February 22, 2013

How to Make Money with Rebates!

 
Here are my rebate checks ready for bank deposit this month totalling over $50.00. I earn this much nearly every month on rebates, most of which are No Beer Purchase Required (NBPR) or No Wine Purchase Required (NWPR) offers. I rarely find forms for these at my local stores in Loudoun County, so I trade for them. The going trader rate for a rebate form is 10% of the value. In other words, a rebate form to get $5.00 when you purchase something will generally cost 50 cents plus postage for the trader to mail it to you. Most traders will accept Paypal Gift (no fee) as payment. I try to find traders who have multiple rebate forms so that I only have to pay postage once.

The great thing about NBPR and NWPR rebates is that they are frequently offered for items that are difficult to get for free with coupons:  meat, cheese, fruit and deli items! I also do rebates for certain products (like the Rogaine and Lysol Wipes included here) that I can get for free with drugstore rewards. If the product is something I will not use myself or cannot easily donate, then I may sell it on eBay.

Submitting rebates can be time consuming and tedious, especially since many are for small amounts, but I find that the little checks add up and and the effort is time well spent. It's a good idea to keep records so that you can track your rebates. I have a notebook where I list each rebate submitted, the amount, and the date mailed off. That way, I can tell if I received the check and also if I have already sent a rebate off so I don't duplicate my efforts. Sometimes, the same manufacturer will offer several different rebates with different offer numbers, so it is a good idea to record the offer number. If you are more hi-tech than me, you might prefer using an Excel spreadsheet or Rebate Tracking Software.

For larger rebates, I recommend making a copy of what you send off, so that if the rebate is denied you have proof of having submitted all the required items.

Many manufacturers use clearinghouses to process rebates for them. You can check to see if your rebates have been processed with these sites:
Anheiser-Busch
CheckMyRebate
CMS Promo Status
Kraft
Proctor & Gamble
Promotion Fulfillment Center
Web Tracker - for rebates mailed to El Paso, Texas

Another great thing about rebates - unless the form specifically states that a company will only pay you the actual amount spent, most rebates accept the amount you paid for an item before coupons!!

No comments:

Post a Comment