Loudoun County Limbo

Loudoun County Limbo
How Low Can You Go?

Saturday, March 15, 2014

Pruning My Free Knock-out Roses

Yesterday the sun came out for the first time in ages and I decided it was time to prune the Knockout Roses that I got for free last July. I had never pruned anything before, so I did some research by consulting an article on the internet  and watching a YouTube Video.


An hour later and the job was done! You can see all the stuff I cut off in the big ball of debris on the left. Now to fertilize them and hope for some blooms. 



In the background is my small vegetable garden, which also needs some work. Every year I plant some tomatoes, peppers, lettuce, onions and herbs and a few other things to supplement my grocery shopping. Produce is expensive and hard to get coupon deals on, so I love have these free veggies right out my back door! 

2 comments:

  1. Wow NO snow...you are so lucky...we still have so much SNOW left and only 20s. I have no luck with my veggie gardens thanks to the chipmunks - you look great BTW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sheila, it was 63 degrees when I pruned the roses and today we have 8 inches of snow and schools are closed! It has been a wacky winter.....

      Delete