Loudoun County Limbo

Loudoun County Limbo
How Low Can You Go?

Monday, March 31, 2014

Trash to Cash Ebay Sales for March!

Here are the items that I got for free - either from dumpsters or with coupons - plus a few items that were just laying around my house, that I sold on Ebay in March:

This 1991 Honda Accord Service Manual that I found at the recycling center went for $23.00 with free shipping! 


This lot of 14 back issues of O Magazine by Oprah sold for $10.00 and the buyer paid $12.50 for Priority Shipping in a flat rate box because she wanted them in 2 days! I also found these at the recycling center.



This lot of 18 Covergirl Eye Shadows sold for $10.00 and the buyer paid another $7.82 for shipping. These were a money maker at Rite Aid back in September


This book - The Arabs: A History - sold for $8.00 with free shipping. I found it in the dumpster.



This empty box that my Samsung Galaxy Smartphone came in sold for $4.99 plus the buyer paid $4.12 for shipping.


This cookbook, How to Cook Everything Vegetarian, which was collecting dust in my kitchen for the past 4 years, sold for $16.99 which included shipping. 


This lot of 18 nursing magazine back issues that I found at the recycling center sold for $19.99 with free shipping.


These 3 Victoria's Secret coupons that came to me in the mail sold for $2.50 with free shipping (i.e. one stamp).


This defective Amazon Kindle that I found in the dumpster sold with its original box for $10.99, which included free shipping.


These four bottles of Rolaids that were free at Harris Teeter Super Doubles last month sold for $18.00 with free shipping, which was a bad deal for me. I had them listed for $24.99 with free shipping and best offer. Someone in CA offered $18.00 and I took it without making a counter-offer or checking the cost of shipping because I was in a hurry. The shipping cost nearly $14.00! After Ebay and Pay Pal fees I made a profit of only $2.00. Note to self: remember to list all HBA items with "buyer pays shipping".



And here was my favorite sale this month - this Hurst Competition Shifter from the 1968 Chevrolet Camaro that my husband is restoring - sold for $119, and the buyer paid $18.00 for priority shipping!



My total profits on freebies, after Ebay and Paypal fees and shipping costs came to about $175 for March. 

4 comments:

  1. Great job Theresa! Somebody actually bought a box for a phone? Wow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes and this the is second one I have sold! I listed the first one when I was new seller as a auction with a starting bid of 99 cents and free shipping. Someone got it for that and after shipping and fees I LOST money, so I learned a hard lesson, and I was thrilled to get $5 for this one!

      Delete
  2. That's impressive. I never would have thought to do this. ..Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with anonymous, I learn so much from you Theresa, with the thought "I never thought of that?" And I've been around for many years on the couponing/refunding boards, you board is awesome, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete