Loudoun County Limbo

Loudoun County Limbo
How Low Can You Go?

Friday, October 3, 2014

Stockpile Supper - Sausage, Cabbage & Potatoes

I made a quick and easy supper from items that were very inexpensive due to sales at Harris Teeter last week.  

I got the Butterball Turkey Dinner Sausage that was on sale for $1.00 and the cabbage that was 39 cents a poundI already had the Bob Evans mashed potatoes that were part of the meal deal the week before, and which had ended up costing 92 cents. 


My head of cabbage weighed a little over 2 pounds and cost 87 cents. I sliced up half of it and put it in a skillet with a little water to steam until soft. 




Then, I cut the sausage into bite-sized pieces and added it to the cabbage to warm up, since it was already cooked. 




The potatoes were easy to make in the microwave, and dinner was ready in about 15 minutes.


The total cost of this meal was $2.35 or about 59 cents per person

No comments:

Post a Comment