Loudoun County Limbo

Loudoun County Limbo
How Low Can You Go?

Monday, July 30, 2012

Weekly Roundup #30 - July 22-28, 2012

I am trying to get my budget back on track after a month break on vacation. Here my results for the past week:

Purchases
Food
My Essentials Homestyle Bread - 2
Tropicana Orange Juice (59 oz) - 1
Fiber One Cereal - 4
Frosted Flakes - 1
Kelloggs Pop Tarts - 10
My Essentials Rice (3 lb) - 1
Cheez-It Crackers - 6
Chex Mix - 2
Dinner Rolls - 30
Lean Ground Beef - 2
Kraft Singles - 4
My Essentials Mozzarella Cheese - 1
Bullseye BBQ Sauce - 1
Matchstick Carrots - 1
Micro Spinach - 1
Mini Sweet Peppers - 1
Dole Mixed Greens - 1
Mrs. Paul's Tilapia - 6
Oscar Mayer Select Hot Dogs - 2
Oscar Mayer Select Lunchmeat - 2

My Essentials Cranberry Sauce - 1
My Essentials Zoo Cookies - 1
Twix Twin Bars - 2
 Extra Gum - 2

Health and Beauty
Stayfree Maxi Pads - 2
Crest Pro-Enamel Toothpaste - 1
Revlon Emery Boards - 2
Revlon Nail Enamel - 2

Household
Angel Soft Toilet Paper (4 pack) - 19
Brawny Paper Towels (Single roll) - 3
Kibbles & Bits Dog Food (4 lb) - 1
Kendall Telfa Bandages - 2

Rebates

Expenses
Giant - $28.57
Food Lion - $22.21
Rite Aid - $6.20
Total - $56.98

This week I had some friends over and prepared a dinner for 9 people with the following: 
- An 18 lb. turkey that I bought after Thanksgiving for $6.00 (it had been taking up a lot of room in my freezer)!
- 2 boxes of Stovetop Stuffing that I purchased HERE
- 3 cans of Del Monte Peas that I found in my pantry
- 30 dinner rolls from the the Food Lion bakery that I bought at the last minute for $6.30. This is what pushed my budget over $50.00.
- 2 Mrs. Smith frozen pies that I purchased HERE with Front Porch Ice Cream that I got HERE and free Cool Whip from HERE
To drink we had free Pepsi Next and Country Time Lemonade.

The entire meal cost under $20.00 or about $2.00 per person. And my family will be eating leftover turkey all week!

No comments:

Post a Comment