Loudoun County Limbo

Loudoun County Limbo
How Low Can You Go?

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

My Fabulous Frugal Day!

Yesterday I spent $13.34 on everything in this photo! The little socks were on clearance at Rite Aid for 50 cents. I spent $12.73 at Giant, 61 cents at Rite Aid, and nothing at CVS because I still had a gift card left from this deal.

Shopping Trip Loudoun County Limbo

After those 3 shopping stops I swung by the recycling center since it has finally warmed up a bit and acquired all of the treasure in this photo! I keep a bottle of hand sanitizer that I got free at Rite Aid in my car to use afterwards.  HERE is a list of all the recycling centers in Loudoun County.


Then I came home to find my new free Grapefruit knife waiting in the mail box!

 
Later in the day I stopped in to Food Lion to use my FLIP (Food Lion Internet Printable) coupons. When I scanned my MVP card at the savings center I got a coupon for $1.50 off a Boneless Pork Loin Roast of 4 pounds or more. I managed to find one that was 4.01 pounds for $9.98. However, that was the MVP price - the regular price was $11.99 - so I also used my FLIP for $2.00 off any $10.00 purchase from the Meat Department!
 
 
Then I selected some veggies so that I could also use my FLIP for $1.00 off $5.00 worth of Produce.  Here is a pic of my purchases which cost a total of $11.36.
 
 
 In total, I spent $24.70 for $126.67 worth of stuff (an 80% savings) and I got lots of Coke Codes, Kellogg's Family Rewards and coupon inserts. I am looking forward to that pork loin for diner tonight!!

2 comments:

  1. I love this post--Great Job!! I'm jealous of all the inserts you found.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job snagging all those inserts! We aren't allowed to do pick thru the recycling containers here in our town.

    ReplyDelete