Loudoun County Limbo

Loudoun County Limbo
How Low Can You Go?

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Weekly Roundup #16 - April 17-23

This is my Week #16 report of spending $50.00 per week on food, household, and health and beauty products.

Purchases
Food
Gallon Milk - 1
Half Gallon Milk - 2
Coffee-mate creamer - 4
Yoplait Lactose Free Yogurt - 4
Harris Teeter Old Fashioned Bread - 1
Kashi Crackers - 5
Texas Toast Croutons - 2
Uncle Ben's Rice Cups - 4
Vlasic pickles - 2
Marie's Dressing - 2
Country Crock - 2
Smart Balance spread - 3
I Cant Believe its Not Butter - 4
Sorrento Mozzarella Cheese - 5
Kraft Miracle Whip - 8
Cup O Noodles - 9
McCain Hash Browns - 1
McCain Frozen Potatoes - 2
Bumble Bee Tuna Sensations - 1
Pom Lite juice - 1
Food Lion Instant Vanilla Pudding - 1
Jell-O Refrigerated Pudding - 1
Life Savers Candy peg bag - 2
Rite Aid Pantry Vanilla Extract - 1

Health & Beauty
Clairol Hair Color - 10
Breathe Right Strips - 1
Always Pads - 1
Neutrogena Hand Cream (travel size) - 2
Tums Freshers - 3
Nivea Bodywash - 4

Household
Scrubbing Bubbles One Step Toilet Bowl Cleaner Kit - 1
2000 Flushes - 3
Scott Naturals Paper Towels (6 pack) - 1
Scott Xtra Soft Toilet Paper (12 pack) - 1
Pampers Baby Wipes - 8
Carpet Fresh - 3
Gain Laundry Softener - 1

Expenditures
Rite Aid - $5.17
Giant - $13.86
Harris Teeter - $9.90
Food Lion - $21.27
Total: $50.20

Rebates
Proctor & Gamble - Get back $15.00 when you spend $50.00




I stayed within budget this week, even though I made a big mistake at Food Lion. I found out about a Catalina offer on Kraft Mayonnaise and Miracle Whip and I ran to the store on the last night of the sale. This is the only product to which my family is brand-loyal and I was down to my last jar. The mayo was on sale for $3.00 a jar (regularly $5.19!) and there was a catalina offer to get back $2.00 when you bought 2 or more. In my hurry, I forgot that I needed to divide my transactions into 2 jars each to earn 4 catalinas, and bought all 8 jars together. My total was $24.00 minus $4.00 in coupons, so $20.00 plus tax and no catalinas printed out. Not only did I not get back the $8.00 I was expecting, I didn't even get back the $2.00 cat that should have printed. So, today I will be contacting Catalina Marketing (coupon@catalinamarketing.com) to ask for my "missing cat".

No comments:

Post a Comment