Loudoun County Limbo

Loudoun County Limbo
How Low Can You Go?

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Weekly Roundup #14 - April 3-9



This is the 14th week of my attempt to monitor my weekly spending and show how I feed our family on $50.00 per week or less. You may notice that when I find a good deal on something, I buy a lot of it. This doesn't make sense to someone who makes out a weekly menu, then buys the items on their shopping list, but it pays off for me. I never run out to buy something full price, and I rarely run out of things since I have a nice stockpile. This week I found:

 
Gumby does the Loudoun County Limbo!

Purchases 
Food
Gallon Milk - 1
Sorrento Ricotta Cheese - 1
Barilla Lasagna Noodles - 1
Maruchan Yakisoba Noodles - 2
Kelloggs Corn Flakes - 1
Kelloggs Rice Krispies - 3
Fiber Plus Cereal - 4
Special K Cereal - 3
Onions, 3 lb bag - 1
Dozen Eggs - 4
Bumble Bee Tuna - 4
Stovetop Stuffing - 10
Kraft Homestyle
    Mac & Cheese - 10
Capri Sun, 10 pk - 16
Gold Peak Tea, 18 oz - 4
Snickers Eggs - 21
Mrs. Smith Pie - 2
Mentos Gum - 2

Health & Beauty
Gold Bond Medicated Foot Powder - 1
Daily Necessities Bath Salts - 6
Revlon Nail Polish - 4
Scunci Hair Elastics - 1
Allegra, 5 ct. - 4
Depend Silhouette - 1
 
Expenditures
Rite Aid - $5.12
Walgreens - $3.00
Giant - $21.46
Food Lion - $10.56
Total: $40.14


Rebates
Rite Aid SCR #1 - Get back $2.00 when you buy any variety Gold Bond medicated foot product

2 comments:

  1. I just want to tell you how much I've enjoyed your blog since I found it--I live in Western Loudoun so every one of your posts is helpful to me since we shop at the same grocery and drug stores! Also, you go beyond most other frugality blogs--I've been "extreme couponing" for almost five years now (before it got publicity) so I know how to do it, but I STILL find your blog helpful. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diana, thank you so much for your comment. I only post the deals that I actually do or would do, instead of tons of information that someone may or may not be able to use. I'm so pleased someone else is able to benefit from my work!

    ReplyDelete