Loudoun County Limbo

Loudoun County Limbo
How Low Can You Go?

Thursday, April 25, 2013

My Stockpile Supper

 I made an easy dinner last night with some of the things I got for cheap or free during the past few weeks. I started with a recipe from the French's French Fried Onion Rings that are free at Harris Teeter Triples this week:


I already had tons of Kraft Velveeta Macaroni and Cheese in my stockpile. So, I greased a casserole dish, made the mac n cheese according to directions and sprinkled the french fried onions on top.

 
 
I left the canned chicken out of the recipe, because I didn't have any. Instead of serving this as a main course, I used it a side dish with the free hot dogs that I got at Harris Teeter a few weeks ago.
 
 
 
 
I threw the mac n cheese, hot dogs, and buns all into the oven to warm at 375 degrees for 20 minutes together. Then I tossed together some salad that I got cheaply at Food Lion.
 
And warmed up some corn that I got cheaply at Food Lion in the microwave.
 
In 30 minutes I had dinner ready for a final cost of under $2.00 or 50 cents per person!

 

2 comments: