Loudoun County Limbo

Loudoun County Limbo
How Low Can You Go?

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Weekly Round-Up #5 - February 1-7

I've been tracking my spending on groceries and toiletries since the year started, and I've been averaging about $45 per week. I did very little shopping during the first week of February.
Here is what I bought:

Purchases


CVS Freebies
Food
- Gallon milk (1)
- Half-gallon of milk (1)
- Loaf of bread (1)
- Pom Wondeful bars (4)
- Combos (8)                               
- Market Pantry Mac N Cheese (4)
- Cadbury Creme Egg (1)
- Ghirardelli chocolate (1)
- Sunshine Cheez-Its  (2)
- Planters Trail Mix (2)
- 4 lb bag of Oranges (2)
- Gatorade 32 oz (2)
- Lipton Onion Soup Mix (2)
- Knorr Pasta Sides (3)
- Hillshire Farms Beef Kielbasa (2)                                                          


Michael's Freebies
Household 
 -Roll of Camoflauge Duct Tape
- 3-Pack of Sachets
- Speed Stick deodorants (6)
- Stayfree maxi pads (4)
- Hallmark cards (3)
- Ricola cough drops (4)
- Brainstrong Gummie vitamins
- Pure Spring hand lotion

Other
 - 2 Free Onion Rings at Burger King
 - 2 Free Big Macs and French Fries at McDonalds with coupons
                                                                                                          from Living Social 

Refunds
- Blue Moon NBPR Oranges - $3.00
- Colgate-Palmolive Black History Month Promo - $5.00  (See my post of February 2nd)

Rite Aid Freebies

Expenditures    
CVS - $1.46
Rite Aid - $5.36
Safeway - $4.25
Giant - $4.09
Bloom - $9.87
Target - $1.08
McDonalds - .45
Michaels - .50
                               
Total: $27.06




I made a few mistakes this week or I wouldn't have spent so much at Rite Aid and Safeway, but overall I'm happy. The deodorant and Stayfree pads will be going to the food pantry with me tomorrow. Food stamps cannot be used for toiletries, so these are frequently requested items.

No comments:

Post a Comment