Loudoun County Limbo

Loudoun County Limbo
How Low Can You Go?

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Weekly Roundup #20 - May 15-21, 2012

This was a busy shopping week between Triple Coupons at Harris Teeter and the Oscar Mayer Lunchmeat Deal at both Food Lion and Giant !

Purchases
Groceries
Gallon Milk - 1
Roundup that Cash Cow!
Land O Lakes Brown Eggs - 2
Yoplait Yogurt with Granola - 7
Cool Whip Topping - 4
Borden Sliced Cheese - 2
Heluva Good Cheese - 1
Heluva Good Dip - 1
Deans French Onion Dip - 1
Deans Guacamole - 1
Banana bunch - 1
Gala Apples - 7
Roma Tomatoes - 5
Ground Angus Burger - 1

Pork Chops - 1
Oscar Mayer Lunchmeat - 25
Dixie Crystals Sugar - 2
Kelloggs Rice Krispies - 2
Kelloggs Corn Flakes - 1
My Essentials Raisin Bran - 1
Pillsbury Toaster Strudels - 3
Keebler White Fudge Pretzels - 1

Wonderful Pistachios - 2
My Essentials Grape Jelly - 1

Wasa Crackers - 2
Ortega Taco Shells - 2
Ortega Taco Seasoning - 2
French's French Fried Onions - 6
House Autry Fish Fry - 1
House Autry Chicken Fry - 1
Dole Pineapple Chunks - 2
Margaret Holmes Black Eyed Peas - 5
Welch's Black Cherry Juice - 1
Turkey Hill Iced Tea - 1
Gold Peak Tea - 3

My Essentials Root Beer - 1
Fuze Water - 3
Dove Chocolate Bars - 4

Mentos Gum - 3

Household
Dawn Dish Detergent - 1
Dishwasher Magic - 4
Glass Plus - 3
Burpee Carrot Seeds- 1
Burpee Lettuce Seeds - 1
Burpee Pea Seeds - 1
Burpee Green Bean Seeds - 1

Health & Beauty
Starwars Lightsaber Toothbrush - 2
Carmex Lip Balm - 2

Rebates
Futuro Hosiery (peelie found at Rite Aid) - $10.00
Pillsbury Toaster Strudels - $5.00
Johnson & Johnson First Aid Kit

Expenditures
Rite Aid - $8.18
Food Lion - $8.90
Giant - $9.28
Harris Teeter - $27.14
Total - $53.50






Well, I managed to go over my $50.00 budget for the third week in a row this month. However, I received my $15.00 prepaid debit card from the P&G Best in Beauty Rebate this week, so that plus the Free milk catalinas from the Kelloggs cereal deal at Giant  should help to keep me under budget for the rest of May!

9 comments:

  1. Theresa,
    Did you do the buy 5 fresh takes, get $5 off Oscar Meyer lunch meat, get $4 cat deal at Giant? I was curious if it worked on lunch meat, or do you need to buy "fresh" meat?
    Ann in Alexandria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann -
    I plan to do it today. I held off because I was trying to print enough Kraft coupons before shopping. It should work, though, and if not, I would go to customer service about it, because the ad does not say the meat has to be a certain kind. I will report back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just back from the store - it worked like a charm! I got the 5 Fresh Takes, 5 Oscar Mayer lunchmeats, and other things on my list. The $5.00 came off as Personal Savings Meat/Seafood and I got back a catalina for $4.00 on my next order.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog, and I am being honest, not just babbling on!

    You are concise and your posts are neat and understandable, the best kind of teaching, menitoring, or exhibiting for learning! While it's true I won't benefit from everything I read, I do benefit from your focus on saving, your strategies, your suggestions, and your steadfastness to share what it is you do and see! Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I try to post the kinds of things that I would look for if I were searching for deals. Well, except for my Weekly Roundup, but that is to both keep me accountable to my budget and show others that it can be done! I can't tell you how much I appreciate your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your blog too!! Please continue to blog, we all sooo appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for trying the Oscar Mayer/ Fresh Takes deal. I'll be doing it tomorrow!
    Ann in Alexandria

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Lisa. Sometimes I feel like I am just typing to no one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are definitely typing for a purpose! Because you are local, I look at your blog a couple times a week :) I admire your $50 a week challenge. Thank you.
    Ann in Alexandria

    ReplyDelete