Loudoun County Limbo

Loudoun County Limbo
How Low Can You Go?

Friday, May 4, 2012

Super Giant/Rite Aid Shopping!

Today I made stops at Rite Aid and Giant for things I needed and some special deals. My daughter has a Girl Scout activity this weekend that required snacks:  Nutella, baguettes, and celery. I decided to use the FREE Ritz Cracker coupons that I got from My Coke Rewards a few months ago to finance these purchases. This is how I did it:

Giant has a catalina deal this week (May 4-10, 2012) to get $5.00 towards your next order when you spend $15.00 on specific items, and the deal is working on the Presale Price (PSP). The means you do not actually have to spend $15.00 to get the catalina, and of course, coupons do not affect the total. The items (with sale prices and Presale prices) are:

Nabisco Munch pack- select varieties (9-25.2 oz pkg ) - $5.99
Ritz Crackers- select varieties (7.5-16 oz pkg) Excludes 11.3 oz - On sale for $2.99 - PSP $3.79
Coca-Cola 6 pk assorted varieties (6/16.9 oz bottles) - On sale for $3/$10.00 - PSP $3.79
Fig Newtons select varieties (8-14 oz pkg) - On sale for $3.49 - PSP $4.15
Nutter Butters select varieties (10.5-16 oz pkg) - On sale for $3.49 - PSP $3.99
Nabisco snak sak all varieties (8 oz pkg) - 2/$5.00
Honey Graham, Lil Squares Original or Cinnamon (13 oz) - On sale for $2.99 - PSP $3.59
Coca-Cola 20 pk select varieties (20/12 fl oz cans) - $6.49
Coca-Cola 1.25 liter select varieties (42.2 fl oz) - 99 cents
Dansani purified water (24pk 24/16.9 oz bottles) - $3.99
Honest Tea select varieties (16.9 oz bottle) $1.00 - PSP $1.50

I bought 4 boxes of Ritz crackers (PSP = $15.16) with 4 freebie coupons, paid 30 cents in tax, and got back a catalina for $5.00 on my next purchase!
Then I got 3 baguettes ($1.79 each) and a stalk of celery ($1.99), so my total came to $7.36. I paid with the $5.00 catalina and owed $2.36 plus tax.

While I was at Giant I also picked up 2 bags of Arm & Hammer detergent power packs. These are on sale "Buy One Get One Free" this week, regularly priced at $5.99. I used a coupon for $1.00 off 2 bags, and paid $4.99 plus tax. After I send off for the Try Me Free offer that I posted about here I will end up with a small profit on two free bags!


Then it was on to Rite Aid for the Nutella, which was on sale 2 for $6.00. I also picked up 8 boxes of the free Sucrets that I posted about here. I grabbed 2 bags of Tostitos that were on sale 2 for $6.00, and will send off for the rebate that I posted about here to get back $4.00. I got come copy paper because I was out (I use a lot printing coupons!), and a couple of cleaning items from the dollar aisle that caught my eye. Since I have a Gold Wellness Discount, these cost me only 80 cents each, and since I paid with UP Rewards everything was free.


I also got two other deals that I just learned about:

The One Touch Ultra Mini Blood Glucose Monitoring System is on sale for $9.99. It was FREE with the $10.00 coupon from the 4/29 Red Plum insert. If you don't have a diabetic in your family, these are good donations to senior centers or your local chapter of the American Diabetes Association.
The Rite Aid Pantry Honey Bear is on sale 2 for $5.00 and is "double dipping" on a weekly and a monthly UP Reward. When you buy two you get back three $1.00 Up Rewards, so they end up costing $1.00 each. This is a good deal if you get the bear that says pure clover honey. Some Rite Aids sell a bear with a blend of honey and high fructose corn syrup made by Global - I don't know if that one is double dipping - and even if it is, $1.00 each would not be a good price for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment