Loudoun County Limbo

Loudoun County Limbo
How Low Can You Go?

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Ebay Changes Coupon Selling Policy


If you use eBay as a source for coupons, you may want to know about their new policy that went into effect on July 16, 2013:

- Free item coupons and Buy One Get One free item coupons have been banned. 

- Sellers can only sell 25 coupons per month or $100 worth, whatever comes first. Only 20 of the same coupon may be offered in each listing.

While this will make it more difficult to get large quantities of the same coupon, I think it will limit a lot of coupon fraud.  I've never been a big fan of buying coupons anyway, as spending money to save money doesn't make sense to me.  Also, I wonder where the sellers get their coupons and worry if they are legitimate, and in the past when I tried to order coupons for a sale, the store would often run out of the product before my coupons arrived.  So, all in all, I think this will be a change for the better.  

3 comments:

  1. Hi. So sad these changes will start on Sept 1. I myself will miss paying $1 for coupons to save $20 or more, but am sure I will be able to find another source.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fraudulent coupons ruin it for everyone (couponers, stores, manufacturers, etc). Coupon Fraud results in higher prices per product, stricter coupon policies, and decreasing coupon values. Most the cashiers are just plain paranoid when it comes to processing coupons by honest customers because most store managers come down hard on employees to stop coupon fraud in their store/company. Couponing fraud reflects poorly on the couponing community as a whole when a few bad people ruin it for everyone

    ReplyDelete