Loudoun County Limbo

Loudoun County Limbo
How Low Can You Go?

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

My Stockpile Supper - Chicken Burgers with Sweet Potato Puffs

I made a very inexpensive dinner for 4 with ingredients from my freezer and a little fresh produce last night. I started with these Arnold Sandwich Thins.  They were on sale at Harris Teeter last week, two for $3.00, and I used a coupon for $1.00/2 from the 4/21 Smart Source (the coupon was also in the 6/16 SS).


Next, I pulled these Perdue Short Cuts chicken burgers out of my freezer. I got them at the last Harris Teeter Super Doubles event for 50 cents after coupon.


I also found these Alexia Sweet Potato Puffs that I got back in March during the Frozen Food month promotion at Giant. I put them into the oven to bake for 20 minutes.

 

Meantime, I got the rolls ready for the burgers with some garden produce.


The chicken patties only had to fry in a skillet for 2 minutes on each side, and dinner was ready.


Total cost - about 50 cents per person!

2 comments:

  1. I love that! Yum! And you used Coleen's tomatoes, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, she said we could have 2-3 from your bag. I think that made the burgers extra tasty!

    ReplyDelete