Loudoun County Limbo

Loudoun County Limbo
How Low Can You Go?

Sunday, July 28, 2013

My Spectacular Safeway Shopping Trip!



Here is a photo of my shopping trip to Safeway today, where I spent $5.94 including tax!  My total was $66.83 before Club savings, Just4U savings, and coupons, for a savings of 91 percent!!

The $5.00 off $15.00 frozen purchase that I loaded to my card as outlined here came off automatically, and I also located the $5.00 off $15.00 frozen purchase coupon in the store ad and used it.


The ice cream total was $15.00 and I had the $10.00 worth of coupons above coming off as well as two coupons for $3.00 off 3 Breyer's ice creams from today's paper. Since the coupons totaled $16.00 on my $15.00 purchase, I threw in 2 Celeste pizzas on sale for 88 cents each, just to be safe. I totally forgot to get the FREE Popsicles, which would have made for a better deal!!

My first Ocean Spray juice coupon for $1.00 scanned just fine, since I was spending $1.98 on juice, but the second one beeped "coupon value exceeds item" and the cashier returned it to me. I still got a great deal with 2 bottles of juice for 98 cents or 49 cents each! By the way, there were no tags under the Ocean Spray juice at my store to indicate that it was on sale.


3 comments:

  1. what is the free popscicle day? :-) inquiring minds have 4 year ols who love popscicles ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was in my Safeway post of July 26th - load the Just4U coupon for $1.00 off any Popsicle product (9 ct or higher) to your Club card, then buy the Popsicle Novelties (13.2 oz) on sale for 99 cents. I don't have a lot of experience with Safeway, you might have to buy 2 to get the coupon to come off......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I had forgotten about that one. Aging sucks ;-) I am getting my list for Safeway and head out there after dinner :-)

    ReplyDelete