Loudoun County Limbo

Loudoun County Limbo
How Low Can You Go?

Sunday, July 28, 2013

My Stockpile Supper - Mexican Inspired Salad with Refried Beans and Rice

Here is what I did with the items I got at Food Lion last week. My husband, Jeff. watched me unpack the groceries and suggested this "recipe"- then stated that I should give him credit on my blog!

I shredded half a head of iceberg lettuce and tossed it with chopped tomatoes, cucumbers, and onions. Meanwhile, my daughter Bridgette chopped the chicken into strips.









I cooked the chicken with a packet of taco seasoning that I had previously gotten for free, according the directions on the back.


In another pot I made 2 packets of Mexican Rice that were free from Harris Teeter.

 
And I emptied this can of refried beans that I found in my pantry into a serving dish and warmed it up in the microwave. I can't remember where I bought it, but I am pretty sure that it was free.

 
Then, the cooked chicken went on top of the salad and dinner was served!
 
 
The salad was delicious with the Guacamole Ranch Wish-bone dressing that I got at Food Lion. Thanks for the yummy idea, Jeff!
 




No comments:

Post a Comment