Loudoun County Limbo

Loudoun County Limbo
How Low Can You Go?

Saturday, November 2, 2013

My Food Lion Trip or How I Got Free Meat!

Today I stopped off at Food Lion to do the deal that I posted about HERE. For some reason, nearly every time I scan my MVP card at the kiosk, I get these two coupons:
 
 
 
The regular price for a small bottle of My Essentials ketchup is 97 cents, so the first coupon makes it 47 cents.
 
The price for a small bag of My Essentials rice (white or brown) is 77 cents, so the second coupon makes it 2 cents!

My objective was twofold:
1) Spend $40.00 after coupons to earn the Week 5 ticket for the Holiday Promo
2) Get $7.00 worth of free meat with the purchase of a $25.00 gift card.

Here is what I got:
- IHOP gift card for $25.00
- McDonalds gift card for $15.00
- Smithfield marinated pork loin, on sale for $6.99
- My Essentials Ketchup for 97 cents
- My Essentials Rice for 77 cents
- Brach's candy corn on the clearance rack for 75 cents
Total = $49.48
 


Then I used these coupons:
- $1.00 off Smithfield marinated pork loin from the 11/3 Smart Source insert
- $2.00 Meat Flip
- 75 cent Kiosk coupon for ME rice
- 50 cent Kiosk coupon for ME ketchup
Coupon total - $4.25

My total after coupons was $45.23, and with the $5.00 instant savings I paid $40.23 plus tax.

That means I paid the face value of the gift cards and spent 23 cents on the food!

Oh, and I got my 5th ticket for the Holiday Promo, too!
 

1 comment:

  1. Woo Hoo!!!! Another great trip. I was going to try to stop at the Food Lion in Herndon when I had the whole family with me but it didn't happen because we had to stop at Aldi's for a bunch of things and Harris Teeter and I know that my son's limit is two stops...as it was, he fell asleep on the car ride home. I wish there was a Food Lion up this far!!! So jealous. I love getting free food :)

    ReplyDelete