Loudoun County Limbo

Loudoun County Limbo
How Low Can You Go?

Friday, November 8, 2013

My Small but Satisfying Food Lion Shop!


This is what I snagged at Food Lion today with the bakery and dairy FLIP coupons that I posted HERE.

When I scanned my MVP card at the kiosk, I didn't get the $3.00 coupon off beef that I was hoping for, but I did get a coupon for 50 cents off four My Essentials brand yogurts, so I decided to stack that with the dairy FLIP. The 4 yogurts came to just under $2.00, so I added the biscuits from the dairy case to reach $3.00.

Remember that coupon I got in trade for a free Kings Hawaiian product recently? Well, when I walked in to the bakery section of Food Lion today and saw the Kings Hawaiian rolls there, I realized that I could stack it with the bakery FLIP, and also earn $1.00 from Saving Star for purchasing two!

Here is a breakdown of my trip:
King's Hawaiian Savory Butter Rolls - $3.99
King's Hawaiian Mini Sub Rolls - $3.29
My Essentials Butter Me Not Biscuits - $1.29
4 My Essentials Vanilla Yogurts @ 49 cents each = $1.96
Subtotal = $10.53

Coupons used:
$1.00 off $5.00 bakery purchase FLIP
$1.00 off $3.00 dairy purchase FLIP
50 cents off 4 ME yogurts from the kiosk
$3.99 for the Free King's Hawaiian product (the nice cashier took off the higher priced item!)
Coupon total = $6.49

My total out of pocket was $4.04 plus tax.
After I get back $1.00 from Saving Star for the purchase of 2 King's Hawaiian items, my cost for this trip will be $3.04!



1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good trip. I got to try the Kings Hawaiian bread before and thought it was really tasty. Those rolls look yummy and a super good deal!

    ReplyDelete