Loudoun County Limbo

Loudoun County Limbo
How Low Can You Go?

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

My Stockpile Supper - Sweet and Sour Meatballs

This was one of the easiest and most delicious stockpile suppers that I have made yet!


Reynolds crock pot liner


Some time last year, Reynolds crock pot liners were free during a Super Doubles even at Harris Teeter. Inside the box was a recipe for Sweet and Sour Meatballs, that I decided to make for my daughter's 16th birthday dinner. 


Cooked perfect meatballs

I had all of the ingredients needed in my freezer and pantry and all were free from various Super Doubles events, except for the Domino's Brown Sugar, which was a recent Saving Star freebie! 

Minute rice steamers

I served the meatballs with this rice, which I also got for free with coupons a while back. 



Here is the original recipe:

Combine the following in your crock pot:

3 lbs frozen cooked meatballs
10 oz jar of sweet and sour sauce
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 medium red bell pepper, cubed
1 20 oz can of pineapple chuncks, drained

Cook on low for 7 to 8 hours or high for 4 to 5 hours.

I had a two pounds of meatballs, so I just reduced all the other ingredients a bit. It made just enough to serve the 5 of us dinner. I thought I had a green bell pepper in the fridge, but it had been used up in a salad, so I found a jar of red bell peppers in olive oil in the pantry and used a few of those instead.


No comments:

Post a Comment