Loudoun County Limbo

Loudoun County Limbo
How Low Can You Go?

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

My Stockpile Supper - Burrito Casserole



I had a brainstorm about all those frozen burritos I got yesterday at Food Lion during the Super Sale, and decided to use them in a Mexican casserole to serve for dinner tonight.  I rummaged around in my pantry and came up with a can of refried beans, some black olives, and a can of enchilada sauce that were previously free with coupons. I also had a block of cheese that I got cheaply last week at Giant.

Today I swung by Food Lion to repeat the deal I did the other day, but I substituted a container of My Essentials sour cream for dinner tonight.

Here is the recipe I made up:
1. Preheat the over to 350 degrees.
2. Place a layer of refried beans across the bottom of a baking dish (or you could use a can of chili).
3. Place 8 thawed burritos in a row on top of the refried beans.
4. Pour over a can of enchilada sauce.


5. Sprinkle a cup of shredded Cheddar cheese over the top.


5. Bake 30 minutes until heated through and bubbly.


Serve with salsa, guacamole or avocado, sour cream and sliced black olives.  The guacamole was also free from a previous Harris Teeter Super doubles.

This entire dish cost about $4.00 and serves 6.

The Food Lion Super Sale ends on October 1, 2013.


No comments:

Post a Comment