Loudoun County Limbo

Loudoun County Limbo
How Low Can You Go?

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Weekly Roundup #37 - September 22-28, 2013

I didn't do a lot a shopping last week, except to pick up some more Food Lion Super Sale items and cheap things at Harris Teeter.  I also grabbed the freebies and cheap Halloween candy at Rite Aid.

Purchases
Food
Gallon Milk - 2
My Essentials Yogurt - 12
Cap'n Crunch Cereal - 1
Food Lion Applesauce (6 pk) - 1
My Essentials Sugar (2 lb) - 1
My Essentials Brown Rice - 1
Onion - 1
Bananas, bunch - 1
Apples (8.4 lbs) - 1
Apples picked at Crooked Run Orchard in PuracellvilleMariani Banana Chips - 2
Stretch Island Fruit Chew - 2
Harris Teeter Kettle Chips - 1
Classico Pasta Sauce - 1
Johnsonville Ground Sausage - 1
Harris Teeter Frozen Pizza - 1
My Essentials Burritos - 5
Harris Teeter Ranch Dip - 1
Hershey's Chocolate Snack Pack - 12
Betty Crocker Frosting - 1
Harris Teeter Cola (2 liter) - 1
Single Caramel - 1

Health & Beauty
Crest Pro Health Toothpaste - 3
Colgate Optic White Mouthwash - 3

Household
Palmolive Dish Liquid - 6

Rebates
Windex Touch-Up MBG - $4.49
Trix Cereal from Saving Star - 50 cents
Cheerios Cereal from Saving Star - 50 cents
Total Cereal from Saving Star - 75 cents
Betty Crocker Premium Frosting TMF offer - $2.79
Total - $9.03

Expenses
Rite Aid - $3.13
Food Lion - $10.01
Harris Teeter - $22.59
Crooked Run Orchard - $8.40
Total - $44.14

Total for September - $172.23
 
I came in easily under $50.00 this week and had enough left in my budget to take one of my daughters to a local pick-your-own orchard and splurge on 8.4 lbs of apples. They were $1.00 a pound, which was a bargain price!


2 comments:

  1. Great! I really want to go to an orchard. We were going to try to make it to NY but we are not going to so I might have to find out where you ended up to get $1.00 per pound :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alison, if you click on the link above for Crooked Run Orchard, it will take you to their Facebook page.

    ReplyDelete