Loudoun County Limbo

Loudoun County Limbo
How Low Can You Go?

Friday, February 7, 2014

My Stockpile Supper - Baked Beans and Sauage


I needed to take something to a potluck tonight for my daughter's end-of-season cheerleading banquet. Each grade was assigned a different type of dish, and her grade had to bring a main course. I wanted to bring something that tasted good and would serve a lot of people but didn't cost a fortune. Most of the other families had signed up to bring pasta dishes. Here is what I came up with:

I opened up three cans of baked beans from my pantry that I got last June during Super Doubles for 25 cents apiece, drained them and poured them into my crock pot:

I pulled 2 boxes of Jones sausage links that I got for 28 cents each at Giant last October out of the freezer and defrosted them in the microwave:

Then I mixed everything together and cooked on low for 5 hours:

Total cost for this dish that serves about 12 people: $1.31 or 10 cents each.  
Go Wolverines!!

No comments:

Post a Comment