Loudoun County Limbo

Loudoun County Limbo
How Low Can You Go?

Monday, May 6, 2013

My Crazy Dumpster Diving Adventure!

Today I stopped at my local recycling center in search of coupons. I was hoping to find some 5/5 inserts with the $4.00 Sally Hansen coupons in them. I found a few inserts, but not those:
I also found the usual sampling of Coke Codes, Box Tops for Education, Campbell's Labels for Education, Stouffers Codes and Kellogg's Family Rewards Codes:
And a nice set of new greeting cards with envelopes to match:

Then I happened across this brand new, still in plastic set of 50 envelopes! I guess someone discarded them because they looked like they were to be used for Christmas, but I will use them to send off for refunds.
The pièce de résistance was this new-in-box Hautman Brothers Wildlife Series Collectible Glass Ball Ornament. Why someone thought it was appropriate to throw this into the recycling bin meant for cardboard and paper is beyond me!

At that point it began to rain, so I called it a day and took off for other adventures!

2 comments:

  1. I love this! I went yesterday, too--I got the paper that goes along with those envelopes, actually. Not the same pattern but it must be the same person who dumped them. I'll use it for printing coupons, of course! I also got *new* packing paper for shipping which was fabulous, some boxes and some Coke codes. I love the ornament--can you sell it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so funny, Diana, that you got the paper and I got the envies! I looked for the ornament on eBay and it doesn't seem to be a priceless heirloom, so it will probably appear at my next yard sale!!

    ReplyDelete