Loudoun County Limbo

Loudoun County Limbo
How Low Can You Go?

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Weekly Roundup #18 - April 28 to May 4, 2013

This week I used my $5.00 off $25.00 Shopper's Food Warehouse coupon from Recyclebank as a competitor's coupon at Harris Teeter. I got a lot of deals there and also stocked up on breakfast foods at Giant. I am very happy with the look of my fully stocked freezers!

Purchases
Food
Gallon Milk - 1
Smart Balance Milk (1/2 gallon) - 5
Stonyfield Yogurt - 1
Sourdough Bread - 1
Kellogg's Rice Krispies - 2
Kellogg's Corn Pops - 2
Kellogg's Apple Jacks - 2
Bagel-Fuls - 4
Eggo's Frozen Pancakes - 2
Eggo's Toaster French Toast - 4
Eggo's Muffin Tops - 2
HT Shredded Mozzarella Cheese - 1
Rotisserie Chicken - 1
Gwaltney Hot Dogs - 3
Oscar Mayer Carving Board Chicken Breast - 1
American Flatbread Pizza - 2
Ellio's Pizza - 6
DiGiorno Pizzaria! Pizza - 4
El Monterrey Burrito - 1
El Monterrey Chimichanga - 2
Jose Ole Taquitos - 1
Jose Ole Chimichangas - 1
Pagoda Entree - 2
Pagoda Egg Rolls - 1
Dominos Sugar (4 lb) - 2
Crisco Baking Sticks - 3
HT Italian Bread Crumbs - 1
Vidalia Onions (5 lb) - 1
McCain Sweet Potato Fries - 1
Minute Rice Steamer - 1
Mueller's Hidden Veggie Pasta - 1
Haribo Gummy Bears - 2



 
Diet Pepsi (2 ltr) - 1
Gold Peak Tea - 1
Health & Beauty
Revlon Splinter Tweezers - 1
Revlon Emery Boards - 3
Revlon Nail Clippers - 1
Clairol Natural Instincts Hair Color - 1
Clairol Nice & Easy Hair Color - 4
John Frieda Hair Color - 2
John Frieda Shampoo - 1
Suave Morroccan Shampoo - 1
Vidal Sassoon Shampoo - 2
Almay Eye Makeup Remover Pads - 1
Neosporin Wound Care - 2
Zyrtec (5 ct) - 5

Household
Purina Dog Chow - 2
Pampers Wipes - 1
Simplify Sandwich Bags - 2
Posterboard - 1

Rebates
Free Nutra Nal Gel perfect manicure set
Budweiser NBPR Rebate on frozen pizza - $5.00 x 2 = $10.00
Budweiser NPPR Rebate on fried chicken - $6.00
Saving Star for Ellio's Pizza - $1.00
Saving Star for McCain's Sweet Potato Fries - $1.00

Expenditures
Rite Aid - $17.14
Harris Teeter - $27.40
Food Lion - $1.63
Giant - $7.84
7-11 - $3.99
Total - $58.00

I was $8.00 over budget this week for two reasons: 
1) My husband paid $4.00 for a gallon of milk at 7-11 when we ran out.
2)  I spent $4.00 in cash at Rite Aid because I got distracted and forgot to pay with my Up Rewards. 
However, I have a $3.00 catalina coupon from DiGiorno to use towards my groceries next week and I sent off for $18.00 in rebates (plus a free nail set)!

2 comments:

  1. I found your website about 2 weeks ago when I searched for harris teeter matchups. I been using coupons for almost 2 years now, and I am going to start price matching and using competitor coupons. Would you please tell me more information about using the $5 off $25 Shopper's coupon at Harris Teeter? Can that $25 total be before other coupons are used? or does the total still have to be at $25 when all coupons are used? Have any cashiers not known the policy and given you a hard time? Thanks for your knowledge, time and hard work to save us money!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome! I have used the Shoppers Food Warehouse coupon from Recyclebank at Harris twice. The cashier has to key it in manually, but both times they did it without any trouble. My balance was $25 BEFORE coupons. On the first occasion I reached that total by including a Harris Teeter gift card in my transaction, and that was also not a problem. Whether your store will accept SFW as a competitor's coupon depends on their proximity to that store. I hope that is helpful to you!

    ReplyDelete