Loudoun County Limbo

Loudoun County Limbo
How Low Can You Go?

Monday, May 13, 2013

My Pleasant, Profitable Monday!

This morning I headed out to the dry cleaners to drop off a jacket and a pair of pants with my 50% off coupon from Swagbucks. My total for both items was $10.84 but with my coupon I only paid $6.04.


Next I swung into Rite Aid to do some of the weekly deals. I had read that the Physician's Fomula nail color trios are NOT producing the $10.00 cosmetics UP, so I skipped that deal. I had 2 Sally Hansen $4.00 coupons from my home-delivered Washington Post, and I managed to find 6 more in the dumpster, so I got 8 of those. I also got 4 Oreos, 2 gallons of milk, 3 boxes of Post Shredded Wheat, and 2 boxes of Betty Crocker brownie mix. My daughter wanted to take brownies to school for a campaign, and they were were on sale 2/$4.00. I used a coupon for 75 cents off 2 from the 3/24 Smart Source insert.

 
My total after paying with coupons and $13.00 worth of UP Rewards came to $3.64, most of which was tax. Then, I got back $13.00 in UP Rewards!
 
My next stop was Giant, where I visited customer service and got back $1.52 for 2 Kelloggs coupons worth 75 cents that did not double on my last visit. I grabbed 9 of the Pom Wonderful juices (again 2 coupons came from my Sunday paper, 7 from the dumpster) as well as 2 Lipton Pure Leaf teas and a Gold Peak tea, plus 2 packages of marked-down beef round for stew. Each pack was just over $4.00 and had a $1.50 peelie coupon on it.
 
 
I selected these packages of meat because I needed a receipt to submit for the Third Shift rebate that showed a purchase of meat or seafood over $8.00. However, after coupons, my total receipt total came to $6.73!  This is what I will submit for the rebate:
 
 
I had previously printed the tea coupons to do these deals at Harris Teeter, but I never could find the product there. The teas were on sale for $1.00 each at Giant. Then I came home to find these things in my mailbox:

- a coupon for FREE Doritos 
- a coupon for FREE L'oreal Hair Color up to $9.99
- a prepaid card with $6.00 from Budweiser 
- a prepaid card with $15.00 from P&G
- a coupon from Kohl's for 30% off

In the end, I spent $16.41 today and got back refunds and rebates worth a total of over $35.00!!



 

2 comments:

  1. WOW WOW WOW, you are good. Now if I could only convince you to do my shopping.
    Now if we could only find a way to get a % off of our mortgage every month. They don't take coupons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha! It's called refinancing at a lower interest rate! Or, once you have 20 of your balance paid, get out of the PMI. That will cut your payments down!

    ReplyDelete