Loudoun County Limbo

Loudoun County Limbo
How Low Can You Go?

Saturday, August 10, 2013

My $25.00 UP Reward Shopping Spree!

You may recall that I had filled a prescription at CVS for my husband while we were on vacation and got a $25.00 gift card for doing so.  Well, last week I moved that prescription back to Rite Aid and got this $25.00 UP Reward:



I put some thought into how to spend $25.00 all in one trip at Rite Aid. Normally I would get milk, but I can no longer do that.

I noticed that we were very low on dog food, so I decided to get the biggest bag of Purina in the store, which was $19.99.

My older daughter informed me that she was about out of Clean & Clear Morning Burst face wash that sells for $6.99, and I couldn't find a current coupon for it.

My youngest daughter needed a new battery for her watch, which was $4.29.

Those three items came to $31.27, but with my Gold Wellness discount applied, the total dropped to $25.01.



I owed just 3 cents tax for a grand total of 4 cents out of pocket!  
 
It is definitely worth your while to move prescriptions around if you have them. Drugstores make more than 80 percent of their profit from the pharmacy. Everything else in the store is just merchandise they hope you will grab on your way to the drug counter and getting back out the front door!
  


No comments:

Post a Comment