Loudoun County Limbo

Loudoun County Limbo
How Low Can You Go?

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Tresemme/Clear Shampoo Deal at Rite Aid

Here is a nice deal that I did at Rite Aid today - this will be good through Saturday, January 19, 2013:

Tresemme and Clear Shampoo are part of a promotion this week to get a $7.00 UP Reward when you spend $15.00.

I got 2 Tresemme Shampoos (32 oz) - $5.49 each
and 1 Tresemme Split Remedy Shampoo - $5.99 each
Total of $16.97


Because I "spent" over $1000 at Rite Aid last year I have a Gold Wellness level and get a 20% discount. This brought the cost for the 3 items down to $13.58, so I still needed to spend a bit to qualify for the $7.00 UP Reward.

I used my Video Value coupon for a free travel sized Clear Shampoo, that normally costs $2.39, but was $1.83 with my discount, bringing my total to $15.40.

The cashier actually took off $2.39 for my Video Value coupon, and each Tresemme bottle had a "peelie" coupon on it to save $1.75, so after coupons I paid $7.76 out of pocket.

I got my $7.00 UP Reward and I will submit for $1.50 credit from Ibotta on the Tresemme Split Remedy!

You could do a similar deal with the Clear shampoos, which have a shelf price of $6.99 and $3.00 peelie coupons on them, or mix and match the Clear and Tresemme depending on the stock at your store and your Wellness discount level.

3 comments:

  1. The problem with these coupons I think is that they say limit of two per transaction, right? I tried to do a similar deal at CVS this week with the $3 peelies but the cashier told me no. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? I didn't read them - just took the shampoo up to the register and let the cashier remove and scan them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got some of the Clear shampoo today and looked at the peelie coupons when the cashier removed them. They said limit of 1 per purchase, so you should be able to use one for each bottle that you are buying.

    ReplyDelete