Loudoun County Limbo

Loudoun County Limbo
How Low Can You Go?

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Verizon Cell Phone Saga Update!

The Good News
After my post HERE about the issues I had switching from AT&T to Verizon, I dumped out our recycling bin in hopes of finding the original cell phone boxes needed for the Mail in Rebate. No luck. I then questioned all my kids about when and where they opened up their new cell phones in an effort to determine the fate of the boxes. It turns out that they had not been thrown out after all, but were hiding in my son's closet, where he had secreted everything prior to Christmas!
Samsung Stellar boxes

A few days later I received a call from the Verizon Executive offices in Maryland - presumably in response to the very negative survey that I filled out at www.verizonwirelesssurvey.com. The customer service rep that called me told me that the store from which we had purchased our equipment was not a Verizon store (even though that is what it said on the sign), but a subcontractor called A1Wireless. She added that Verizon has no control over any charges that A1Wireless made for accessories or data transfer fees.

However, she stated that she did not want our contract with Verizon to start off on the wrong foot and was disappointed that there had not been a full disclosure of all fees. She offered to credit our account for all of the activation fees, totalling $210.00!  She also gave me the addresses of the actual Verizon stores nearest me, so that we could deal directly with them in the future. The $210.00 was processed the next day.

Is this possible?
Our total charges for setting up service and purchasing phones at Verizon aka A1Wireless was $404.82. Upon reviewing my credit card statement, I foud that the A1Wireless salesperson had credited our charge card for the $20.00 in data transfer fees.  We expect to receive $320.00 back in rebates, leaving a balance of $84.82. Factor in the $210.00 credit we just got and we somehow made $125.18 on this deal. Is my math wrong??

The bad news
We just received our AT&T bill for the month of December in the amount of $213.78. Since our Verizon bill covers the upcoming month, we will have double billing in January. It's hard to get ahead!

See my update HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment