Loudoun County Limbo

Loudoun County Limbo
How Low Can You Go?

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

My Wild and Wacky Wednesday



tearing my hair out

I spent the morning working on a nice Rite Aid match-up post for you guys and just as I was about to publish it - poof - it disappeared into the ether. Hopefully I'll feel energized to repeat it tomorrow morning.....

I've had other computer issues lately as well - not being able to print coupons - so I downloaded a utilities cleaner and left it scanning my system while I went out to improve my luck.

First, I stopped at the Recycling Center.  I hadn't been since before the holidays and I had heard from several readers that there had been changes. This is what I found:

new recycling bins loudoun county va

The good news is that there are a lot more windows to sort through and that they are at an easy to reach height:
recycling center

The bad news is that, since the contents are all mixed together, there is more trash to sort through, and it is messier and even dangerous, with broken glass everywhere. I don't recommend dumpster diving in the future without gloves and/or a grabber tool:

dumpster contents

I found 21 issues of WEB Techniques magazine, which will hopefully be an Ebay seller!

Next I stopped off at Rite Aid to see if they would take my $8.00 in UP Rewards that expired yesterday. My daughter wanted some Clean & Clear Morning Burst facial cleanser and I was out of packing tape. It turns out that the flood at my store was caused by a sprinkler issue yesterday and they agreed to take my UP's, so this is what I got for 38 cents:

rite aid purcahse clean and clear facial wash packing tape

I am back to 0 Wellness points for 2014! The past two years I made it to Gold level by only purchasing items that were free after UP Rewards, and mostly just paying tax. Hopefully, it will be easy to do again this year.

Then I ran by Food Lion to grab 10 My Essentials frozen burritos for $5.00. I got back a catalina on my next order for $2.50.

food lion super sale frozen burritos

I also found these mail in rebate forms to get back $5.00 when you spend $10.00 on any beef or buns. They were on a display by Miller High Life and Icehouse.

raffle gift basket


Finally, I came home and put together an HBA gift basket for a raffle at the high school basketball game this Friday. My daughter is a cheerleader and her coach asked if someone could contribute a prize. I estimate the contents of the basket at around $100 retail, and you know that I got everything for free!


1 comment:

  1. Great deal at Rite Aid and Food Lion. Great gift basket!! It is great to put together with so much stuff that you get for free. It always makes me super happy!!!

    ReplyDelete