Loudoun County Limbo

Loudoun County Limbo
How Low Can You Go?

Friday, January 17, 2014

My Dec Shopping Report - Under Budget Again!

Well, the time has slipped by - it's been tricky to stay on top of things while celebrating the holidays, travelling, and having the college boy home for a month! We had a fun ski trip to Pennsylvania in late December with the family plus a teenage friend. It turned out to be a bargain of sorts - we had so many problems with our condo (only 5 beds instead of 6, no water, then no hot water, then brown water) - that the manager reduced our lodging bill by 50 percent!

My Ski Bunny Look

I just finally got around to totaling up receipts for the month of December.
Here is what I spent:
Food Lion - $42.46
Harris Teeter - $45.19
Giant - $34.08
Rite Aid - $47.46

I only made one trip to CVS in December, to use a $20.00 ECB that I had earned months before and was expired. I had to get permission from the manager to use it, and I didn't roll it, but got some Christmas gifts and just paid tax. 

Total December Expenditures - $169.19

Not only did I stay under my $200.00 budget for the month on my grocery and household purchases, but I ended up with a $25.00 Kohls gift card from Rite Aid, a Norelco electric razor as Christmas gift for my son, and a fully cooked, spiral smoked ham for Christmas dinner! 



2 comments:

  1. Great job Theresa and Happy New Year! I have to work on my totals this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did my totals and ended up under budget too. It is a good feeling especially in the middle of the holidays!!! I added up the year and was under too..I am sure you were too :) I didn't get a razor though so you did make out pretty good!!!

    ReplyDelete