Loudoun County Limbo

Loudoun County Limbo
How Low Can You Go?

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Safeway Coke Products and Gas Rewards Deal!



I don't normally shop at Safeway, but I saw this great offer at Minniemizing and couldn't resist this week!

Check your Safeway account under Personalized offers for this deal that you can load to your card to earn 400 Gas Rewards points when you spend $5.00 in one shopping trip between now and 1/31/14:



Safeway has Coca Cola 12-packs on sale this week, Buy One Get One Free. I used 4 of my freebie coupons from My Coke Rewards to double my money.

The Coca Cola 12 packs are also part of a Gas Deal to earn 5X as many gas points when you buy 4.

Here is what I did:
- Bought 8 packs of Coca Cola products @ $5.99 each = $23.96
- Used 4 freebie coupons from My Coke Rewards = $19.96
(The 12-packs are $5.99 at Safeway, but the coupons are only valid up to a maximum of $4.99.)
Total cost $4.00

I added some produce to get my bill over $5.00 and earned:

400 gas points for the Just4U offer
148 gas points for the 5X promo (not sure how they got this figure)
548 gas points total (plus some for the produce)


So, I can now save 50 cents off the price at the pump of an Exxon or Mobil gas station. There are no participating stations in Loudoun County, but there are several in Fairfax County where my husband works, so he can fill up near his office.

You can learn more about the Safeway Gas Rewards program HERE!



1 comment:

  1. I had to spend $20, $5 is awesome!!!
    5x points are earned when you buy certain products, just like Giant

    Yeah for cheap way to get some cents off gas!!!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete