Loudoun County Limbo

Loudoun County Limbo
How Low Can You Go?

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Cheap Gas with Giant Points and Minute Maid Money Back Guarantee!

Today my main goal was to get some cheap gas into my tank, since I was at about 1/8 tank and I have a long drive to make this afternoon. Since I get 2 editions of the Sunday Washington Post by subscription, I had two of the 300 Bonus Points coupons to use, and today is the last day to use them.

Here is what I did with them at Giant:

Transaction #1
I got a $50.00 Giant gift card, Dole salad kit for $3.99, and bottle of Minute Maid Light 15 juice for $2.89.  My subtotal was $57.05 with tax.

Notice the "Love It Or It's FREE" tag on the Minute Maid!


I used my free Dole salad kit coupon and the $3.00 catalina that I got from the Reach floss deal earlier this week.

My total cost was $50.06 and I got the 300 bonus gas points.

Transaction #2
I got a $50.00 Shell gift card, loaf of bakery bread from the clearance rack for $1.99, and a box of family sized Ritz crackers on sale for $3.99. My subtotal was $57.71 including tax.


I used my free Ritz cracker coupon from My Coke Rewards and a $1.00 store coupon that was on the bread.  My total came to $51.11. I paid $50.00 with the Giant gift card from the first transaction and $1.11 out of pocket.

Then I went to Shell to fill up my tank. I got almost 18 gallons and paid $2.79 per gallon with my 600 bonus gas points using the $50.00 gift card from the above transaction!



Summary
I spent $50.00 for a full tank of gas and $1.17 on the groceries pictured, but I will mail off for the Money Back Guarantee on the Minute Maid for a $2.89 refund!

7 comments:

  1. Nice that it works with gift cards!!! What a great deal :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wait - it now works with GIANT gift cards?!???? i knew the shell cards and a couple of other ones worked, but i had heard that the Giant cards do NOT prompt the gas points. is this new? just had to double-check - and if so? YAHOO!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only not gotten the bonus points once when purchasing a Giant gift card, and I wonder if maybe the cashier didn't scan my coupon, because it has worked for many numerous other times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is so AWESOME! thank you so so much for this post!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are welcome, thanks for reading my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI Theresa-
    I got (2) $2 off your next purchase of $20 or more Giant catalinas today. Expire in 2 weeks. We are leaving for Florida and won't be able to use them....would you like me to send them to you?
    :-)

    ReplyDelete