Loudoun County Limbo

Loudoun County Limbo
How Low Can You Go?

Thursday, October 31, 2013

How I Saved on Halloween Candy This Year

The last few years I haven't spent any money on Halloween candy. Thanks to awesome coupon deals, I was able to snag free candy for all of our for trick-or-treaters. This year it seemed like there weren't as many bargains as in the past, but I still managed to pass out plenty of candy without spending a dime.



I started with Butterfingers and Hershey's snack size candy bars from Rite Aid. These were free for me, since I bought them with UP Rewards from money maker deals.



Next I added two bags of Lindt Lindor Truffles that I got for free at Food Lion.



Finally, I tossed in the contents of my candy jar:  those free Werther's Caramels from Rite Aid, some leftover Hershey's Kisses from previous Rite Aid freebie deals, and those caramels and chocolate covered cherries that I use as "fillers" at Rite Aid, to be able to pay with UP Rewards instead of cash!

Even though I live in a suburban neighborhood that people drive to from rural areas to trick-or-treat with their children - which means that many more children than my neighbors come to the door - we still managed to have plenty of candy to pass out this year, plus a little left over for us to enjoy!



1 comment:

  1. I normally get a few good deals at CVS to stock up on candy to give out but we were out this year and didn't buy any candy to give out. I did notice that the deals were hard to come by. Glad to figured out a way to get them for nearly free!!

    ReplyDelete