Loudoun County Limbo

Loudoun County Limbo
How Low Can You Go?

Monday, October 7, 2013

Food Lion Shopping or How I Got Free Pizza and Chicken!

Today I braved the rain to pick up some things at Food Lion with my Super Sale catalina and FLIP coupons.  Here is a photo of my small trip:

Loudoun County Limbo Food Lion trip

My transaction came to $14.67 - $2.00 FLIP coupons and $7.50 Super Sale catalina, so I paid $6.31 out of pocket and I will get back $3.00 for a pizza rebate!

The whole roaster chicken was originally $12.71  but marked down to $6.25 and I used my $1.00 off $5.00 meat purchase FLIP coupon.

The bagels were regularly $2.99 for the blueberry and $3.49 for the minis, but they were on sale two for $5.00 and I used my $1.00 off $5.00 bakery purchase FLIP coupon.

I don't know what the Mama Rosa's 2 pack pizza regularly costs, but mine was marked down to $3.42 and there was a pink mark-down tag beneath for $4.98, so it must be over $5.00. I will send off for a $3.00 NWPR mail in rebate on this.

The pizza was in the deli section - I just happened to notice it while passing through the bakery - and the "sell by" date was October 8th, so it was interesting to me that it had been marked down twice. It will go into the freezer for a night when we need a quick easy dinner.

The National Resources Defense Council just released a report last month about how most Americans don't understand "sell by", "best by" and "use by" dates, and as result throw out millions of dollars worth of perfectly good food each year! You can check out the report HERE.

While at Food Lion, I also found this coupon booklet right by the front door:

Be Your Own Kind Of Beautiful coupon booklet

Inside are $9.00 worth of STORE coupons, that hopefully can be stacked with manufacturer's coupons.

Food Lion store coupons

1 comment:

  1. Woo Hoo! Always good to get great deals on real food that you can make for dinner. Another post to remind me that I need to get to a Food lion and check it out :)

    ReplyDelete