Loudoun County Limbo

Loudoun County Limbo
How Low Can You Go?

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

How I got Free Stamps and Produce!

Last month during Triple Coupons at Harris Teeter I found an offer to get a free movie ticket to Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs 2 when you bought two Kellogg's Special K products and a 59 oz. bottle of orange juice.


I cashed in some of my Kellogg's Family Rewards points and printed out 2 coupons worth 75 cents that doubled. I also printed out a coupon for 55 cents Indian River juice (thanks to reader Denise) that doubled. I ended up paying $3.47 for those 3 items, but the movie voucher didn't print as expected.

I went to the customer service desk at Harris Teeter where they said they would mail me the voucher, and they did. Unfortunately, the voucher had a hand written code on it that would not work. When I plugged it, I got a message that it was invalid and had already been used.



I contacted Catalina marketing and they first emailed me that the code had not worked due to problems with their website, and that I should try again. When it still didn't work, I contacted them again and received a brand new code. This one worked, but I had no use for the movie ticket. My kids are too big for these kind of animated  flicks, so I decided to trade it.

I ended up getting 6 first class stamps and a coupon for a free Dole Salad or All Natural Salad Kit worth up to $4.99 from Jennifer in N.C. - one of my main sources of hot Food Lion deals!  She tells me that she won the freebie coupon (which doesn't expire until December) in an instant win game.



So, for the $3.47 that I spent I got:
- Indian River Orange Juice (59 oz) - reg. $3.99
- Kellogg's Special K Cereal Bars - reg. $3.39
- Kellogg's Special K Cereal Bars - reg. $3.39
- Free Dole Salad Kit coupon worth $4.95
- Six first class stamps worth $2.76
Total value = $18.38!

I love it when I can trade something I won't use for stamps and produce!!


No comments:

Post a Comment