Loudoun County Limbo

Loudoun County Limbo
How Low Can You Go?

Thursday, October 3, 2013

My Thriling Thursday Trip to Target!

Today I had plans to pick my husband up from Union Station, as he was returning from a 2 week business trip to New York City. I also planned to stop off in Fairfax and visit my son at George Mason University. Since I was going to be driving farther afield than normal, I wanted to take advantage of the amazing Target deal that I posted about HERE.

 
My first stop was in Leesburg to fill up with gas. For some reason, the Shell gas stations in Leesburg are cheaper than the Shell gas stations both to the east and west. I used 700 gas points from Giant to pay $2.54 per gallon!  My car was on empty and I put 22 gallons in for a total of $55.50.


Next I ran into Target and grabbed a pair of earrings that were $7.99 but marked down for clearance to $2.38.

Other bloggers reported that they used their Target mobile coupon for a free Timex Ironman watch, but I didn't need or want a watch. I wanted to get my daughter a necklace to go with the gold and white dress that she bought at a thrift shop for homecoming while we were in Virginia Beach. I found this necklace that was $23.99 and took it to the register.


My total came to $26.37, but after the cashier scanned my mobile coupon, I paid a grand total of $2.52 with tax!

When I got to George Mason, I met my son at Starbucks and used the gift card that I got from Prevacid for a free grande Caramel Macchiato.


After that, I made my way into the city, where police and reporters were swarming everywhere due to the Capitol Hill shooting that occurred today. My husband's train was delayed by over an hour, so I was glad I had a full tank of gas and a hot cup of coffee while I sat and awaited his return!


2 comments:

  1. Wow, what an exciting day you had--between the great deals and the delay at the train station! I had a similar experience at Harris Teeter the other night (when I called you). I got great deals at both Rite Aid and HT so I was on a high and then saw a man getting arrested at HT. It was weird to have to squeeze by the police officers hand cuffing the man so I could get out of the store. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Creepy trip to the store...don't know what I would do if someone was getting arrested in front of me at HT. Do you know what happened? Might be the craziness trip to the store that I have ever heard of. My husband had a Starbucks gift card and we don't do coffee so I went in there to find out what we would use it on and my son decided that he loves Starbucks Chocolate Chip cookies so if you ever branch out, my son would suggest the cookie :) I like the cinnamon chip scone!

      Delete