Loudoun County Limbo

Loudoun County Limbo
How Low Can You Go?

Friday, October 25, 2013

My Free Giant Shopping Trip!


Here is a photo of my small, but free shopping trip to Giant today!

I used all of the coupons that I posted about HERE, but I altered my plan a bit, because after I got to the store I realized that I had not yet used this catalina that was expiring:



Here is what I got:
1 lb. Bananas - $1.06
2 Giant brand mega single roll paper towels - $1.00 each
1 box Honey Combs cereal - $1.99
1 Giant brand frozen spinach - $1.25
1 Hatfield ham steak - $2.00
Total - $7.30

I added a Shell gas card for $25.00 to be able to use both the catalina (which required a $25.00 purchase) and the flyer coupons (which required a$10.00 purchase). My subtotal came to $32.30.

Then I used these coupons:
$1.00 off produce
$1.00 off any product
$1.00 off any product
$1.00 off frozen food
$1.00 off meat
$1.00 off any cereal (home mailer coupon that I got in a trade)
$2.00 catalina from Campbell's
$2.00 off $25.00 catalina (pictured above)
Total coupons = $10.00

I owed $22.30 plus 22 cents tax - $22.52!

My cashier said, "that's strange, you bought a $25.00 gift card and didn't even pay $25.00!" - which means that not only were my groceries all free, but I saved a bit on gas too!

3 comments:

  1. So when Giant says you need to spend $25 to get certain items for a discount, a gift card counts? I always figured it meant "grocery purchase. I never new this? I have been refunding/couponing for 35 years and people wonder why I check blogs and websites. This is why! Thank you Theresa for the great post. I never thought of that, and I buy lots of gift cards, but try and buy them at Rite aid when they give the UPS.. This is a great new way to get gift cards when you get other things cheaper when you buy so much. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! So long as your total is above the minimum after coupons, the deal will work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you!

    Lisa in PA

    ReplyDelete